Schram Memorial Chapel
|Address:||1799 Patriot Boulevard
Glenview, IL 60026
Your Place in History
Host your next event in this quaint white chapel located in the center of The Glen. Originally built at the Glenview Naval Air Station during World War II and named after Captain Richard A. Schram, a renowned Navy flier, this historic nondenominational chapel served as a house of worship for thousands of servicemen and women passing through this military base. After the Naval Air Station closed, the building was moved from its original location and painstakingly restored by the Village of Glenview and Kimball Hill Builders. Now owned by the Glenview Park District, it is available for rental by groups, individuals and organizations.
For Every Occasion
Weddings and Rehearsals
A once-in-a-lifetime event deserves a venue as special as the day. Couples of all faiths are welcome to exchange their vows in Schram’s unique historic setting.
Schram Memorial Chapel is well-suited for celebrating important life events including bar and bat mitzvahs, baptisms, and memorial services.
Performances and Recitals
Give your presentation the space it deserves! The main floor of Schram Memorial Chapel features a raised, fully-lit stage with seating for 150, excellent acoustics and a built-in sound system.
Meetings and Presentations
Schram Memorial Chapel’s lower level meeting/party room includes a small kitchenette with refrigerator and microwave. It can accomodate 140 people in auditorium-style seating or 90 people at tables.
Main floor: pew-style seating for 150
Lower level: 140 (auditorium-style seating)
90 (tables and chairs)
Save hundreds of dollars on party services when you book your party at a
Glenview Park District facility!
The Glenview Park District is pleased to offer Just for You, a special program that can save you hundreds of dollars on services like music and entertainment, florists, photographers and more when you book your event at the Schram Memorial Chapel, The Cafe at the Glenview Park Golf Club, the Lakeview Room at Park Center, or the Redfield Estate at The Grove. Learn more…
Schram Memorial Chapel Rental Information
Schram Memorial Chapel is available for daytime and evening rentals on weekdays and weekends. See below for reservation policy, pricing information and discounts for booking in conjunction with our other Park District facilities.
Weekend Rentals (Friday – Sunday)
- May be booked up to two years in advance of the event date
- Includes four and a half hours of rental time; one and a half hours for the rehearsal and three hours for the ceremony. The dates and times are the renter’s choice as long as they are available.
- The package is $475 plus a refundable $240 security/damage deposit: $715 total.
- 15% discount when another Glenview Park District reception site is booked.
- The ceremony package can be used for other ceremonies too including a Bar or Bat Mitzvah, Christening or Memorial Service
Weekday Rentals (Monday – Thursday)
Hourly Rental Rates
- Two hour minimum required
- Typical hourly rentals include Recitals, Meetings, Trainings
Monday thru Thursday
Friday thru Sunday
Reservation Schedule for Weekday Rentals
|For dates between||Reservations accepted on|
|Jan. 1-March 31||Nov. 30|
|April 1-May 31||Feb. 28|
|June 1-Aug. 31||April 30|
|Sept. 1-Dec. 31||July 30|
For information on fees and availability or to schedule a tour, please call (224) 521-2562 or e-mail Katrina Manhart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information to help you plan your event
Click on the items below for information that will be helpful in planning your event.
- How to Apply for a Marriage License
- Schram Facility Measurements & Specifications
- Schram Service Providers (Ceremony officiants, musicians, photographers, florists, etc.)
- Printable Map with Directions
- Glenview Area Hotels
For information on other Glenview Park District wedding and meeting venues, click here.