We believe that everyone should have the chance to try something new. This means you have the opportunity to participate in any one of over 500 Northern Suburban Special Recreation Association’s (NSSRA) annual programs, or that you have the opportunity to participate in one of the Glenview Park District programs with the assistance of an NSSRA Inclusion Companion.
The Glenview Park District is one of thirteen partner agencies that support the Northern Suburban Special Recreation Association (NSSRA), which provides and facilitates year-round recreation programs and services for children, teens, and adults with disabilities. NSSRA offers recreation, sport, cultural and social programs and events available throughout the year, creating new experiences, opportunities for skill development, and leisure time.
accessibility transition plan
The Glenview Park District strives to make its buildings and facilities accessible to individuals with disabilities. On February 12, 2012, John McGovern of Recreation Accessibility Consultants, LLC (RAC) presented the Glenview Park District’s Accessibility Transition study to staff. The purpose of this project was to conduct an evaluation of the Park District’s current facilities and properties to determine any elements that adversely affect the full participation of individuals with disabilities.
The results of the study became the basis for the District’s Accessibility Transition Plan.
Read the ADA Transition Plan here
Questions or comments regarding the Glenview Park District’s Accessibility Transition Plan? Contact us here.
Inclusion services for Glenview Park District programs are available to residents with special needs with no additional cost to the family. Inclusion services may include, when necessary, staff training, program modifications and adaptations, modified equipment, program observations and companion services.
- A parent or family member recognizes that a participant would benefit from additional support in a Glenview Park District program
- Glenview Park District staff identifies a need for additional support, for safety and programmatic reasons, and communicates this need to the family
When registering for a Glenview Park District program for the first time:
- Check Section 3, Americans with Disabilities Act accommodation on the registration form to indicate that the participant will require assistance from NSSRA
- Once your registration form is submitted, the Glenview Park District will contact you to discuss the type of Inclusion support needed for the participant
- The Park District will provide NSSRA with an Inclusion Request that contains both program and participant information
- You will be contacted by NSSRA to discuss the needs of the participant and get input on the type of support required
- NSSRA will work with the Park District to put the necessary inclusion accommodations in place for participation in the desired program(s)
- Communication between you, NSSRA, Glenview Park District staff continues throughout the Inclusion process
for more information regarding the glenview park district inclusion service contact:
Assistant Director of Recreation
224 521 2552
Recreation Manager for Inclusion
847 509 9400 x6828
3105 MacArthur Blvd.
Northbrook, IL 60062
847 509 9400