Peninsula Playground

Peninsula Playground

address

South of 1950 Westleigh Dr.
Glenview, IL 60025

phone

847 724 5670

contact hours

Park hours are from dawn to dusk, unless posted otherwise.

amenities

content here

In 1997, the Park District received a donation of 10 acres of land from the James Company as part of the pre-annexation agreement for its North Shore Corporate Park. Working in conjunction with the Village of Glenview, a plan was developed to combine these 10 acres along Willow Road adjacent to James’ new Heatherfield development, a 3.2 acre parcel between the Sunset Village Manufactured Homes Community and the Techny Basin and the trails along the Techny Basis connecting the two pieces of land into a single park to be named West Fork Park. Funding for this park included a $125,000 Illinois First grant from the State of Illinois, a $400,000 Open Space Land Acquisition and Development grant from the Illinois Department of Natural Resources and a $137,959.40 cash donation from Heatherfield Ventures. Once this funding was obtained in 2001, construction on the park began in 2002 and the park was opened in 2003.