Glenview, IL 60026
Closed: May 25, July 4, September 7, November 26-27, December 24, 25, 31 and January 1
Our COVID Safety Protocols
- The East Wing is currently closed to in-person visitors.
- Programming and events are being offered virtually!
discover a vibrant community at the east wing
The mission of The East Wing Senior Center is to enhance the lives of seniors in our community through friendship, knowledge and recreation. The East Wing offers many opportunities for seniors to be active and intellectually stimulated by developing and nurturing meaningful relationships and participating in activities and outings – all in the company of neighbors. Our handicapped accessible Senior Center welcomes adults 55 years and older.
Features and Amenities
- Convenient drive-up entrance
- Spacious craft room
- Card room
- Meeting spaces and cozy areas for socializing
- Access to the Park Center’s Health and Fitness club or swimming pool for an additional fee
- Access to the indoor walking track for a fee
- Access to NorthShore University Health System’s physical therapy facility and retail space for health-related products
- Walking trails and benches along the Center’s scenic natural surroundings near the lake
The East Wing Senior Center always has special events taking place!
senior classes, programs, and activities
- Basic Exercise
- Chair Yoga
- Charity Work
- Forever Young
- Intergenerational Exchange
- Line Dance
- Lunch Bunch and Supper Club
- Mah Jongg
- Sit and Be Fit
- Starlite Singers
- Tai Chi
*The East Wing offers a variety of fee-based classes that are open to members and the public and classes vary from season to season.
For a listing of current classes, see this season’s Park District brochure or check out the events calendar above. Call the East Wing at 847 724 4793 or register online, at the Senior Information Desk or Park Center front desk, or by mail.
Outstanding speakers, stimulating topics and exciting programs. Join us in the Lakeview Room on the second Wednesday of each month from 10:30 am-12 pm.
become a member
Joining the The East Wing gives you access to a wide range of programs and activities that are only available to members. Membership is open to seniors 55 years or older, resident or nonresident.
Residents of the Glenview Park District pay an annual membership fee (May-April) and nonresidents pay a slightly higher fee.
Membership Dues for May 1-April 30, 2021
Membership dates will be determined when the center can safely re-open.
*Gold Star Renewal
*Gold Star Renewal
Current Members, if Fees are paid after 4/30/2020
*Anyone who is 80 or older and has been a member of the Center for more than 10 consecutive years qualifies for a Gold Star membership. East Wing memberships may be purchased at the Glenview Senior Center Information Desk, 2400 Chestnut Ave., M-F from 9 am-4 pm. Checks, cash and credit cards accepted.
Click here for Membership Renewal Form.