Sleepy Hollow Park

Sleepy Hollow Park

address

1821 Maplewood Ln.
Glenview, IL 60025

phone

847 724 5670

contact hours

Park hours are from dawn to dusk, unless posted otherwise.

Sleepy Hollow fieldhouse rental

Sleepy Hollow park has a fieldhouse that can accommodate up to 30 people.

view rental options

amenities

Dogs on leashes are permitted.

Fieldhouse accommodations for up to 30 people.

For up to 50 guests.

Sleepy Hollow park is tucked away in the shade and has a beautiful bridge entrance when approaching from the south. Come here when the sun is too hot to handle. Or anytime else, really. This park has it all.

The second park acquired by the Park District, purchased in June of 1931, was Sleepy Hollow Park, at an original size of 2.5 acres. In 1959, a five acre addition to this early park was purchased, enlarging it to 7.5 acres. This additional land was one of several parcels paid for with proceeds of $450,000 bond issue passed in 1958.

In the 1960s, a log field house was built in the park. This original field house burned down and was rebuilt in 1980.

In 1970, general security lighting was added to Sleepy Hollow Park, paid for with a portion of the proceeds of a $214,000 general obligation bond issue.

In 1993, the pedestrian bridge spanning the West Branch of the North Fork of the Chicago River was replaced. The construction date of the original bridge, which had undergone repairs in the 1970s, was unknown.

In 2002, the playground at Sleepy Hollow Park was renovated as part of the park district’s capital replacement program.