2022 outdoor pool season
are you ready for fun in the sun, with a splash of excitement? we are!
A TWO-POOL CENTER FEATURING:
- A semi-circular zero-depth play pool with interactive spray play features and a youth play structure
- A 25-yard, five-lane activity/lap pool
- Two deep-water drop slides and a three-meter diving platform
An interactive island with spray features
- Bathhouse with family changing rooms and locker rooms
- Food and beverage offered at the Island Grill (Open from 1-6:30 p.m. daily)
Roosevelt Aquatic Center Hours
Reminder: Don’t forget to swim at Flick Aquatic Center during Late Season Hours August 8-September 5.
Regular Season Dates/Hours June 11-August 7:
|Roosevelt Pool||Flick Pool|
|Lap Swim||9 a.m.-1 p.m.||6 a.m.-10 a.m.*|
|Swim Lesson||9 a.m.-12:45 p.m.||N/A|
|Public Swim||1 p.m.-7 p.m.||M-Su: 10 a.m.-8 p.m.|
|Concessions||1 p.m.-6:30 p.m.||11 a.m.-7 p.m.|
|Holiday (7/4)||11:30 a.m.-5 p.m.||11:30 a.m.- 5 p.m.|
*Available only to upgraded aquatic center members and upgraded fitness members
Save money when you purchase Outdoor Pool Memberships or pay the daily admission rate (see below).
|Daily Fee||Flick Pool||Roosevelt Pool|
To receive resident rates, you must show proof of residency which could include a driver’s license or piece of mail. Without proof, the nonresident rate will be charged. Staff will refund the difference if proof is provided alongside a copy of the receipt.
Children under the age of 13, must be accompanied by an adult ages 16 or older. Children under 2 years by June 1, 2022 are free. Children under the age of 9 must be supervised by an adult (ages 16 years or older). The adult must be in a bathing suit, in the water, within arm’s length of the child at all times.
Daily fees are non-refundable. If the facility closes for a short period of time due to inclement weather but re-opens the same day, patrons are welcome back to swim. Management will review any other refund or complimentary pass requests on a case-by-case basis.
- Lap lanes are intended to be used for exercise. This may include lap swimming or water walking. Swimmers are expected to be continuously and actively swimming or walking while using a lane.
- Laps may need to be shared by multiple people based on demand. Continuous, circle swimming must take place in designated lap swim lanes that have multiple swimmers.
- Only persons 13 years of age and older with valid ID may use the lap lanes during any lap swimming times. Those individuals under the age of 13 who wish to use lap lanes must notify a manager and pass a fitness-based swim test.
- Kickboards, pull-buoys, flippers, and plastic facemasks may be used in these lanes only.
Lifeguards on duty have the authority to enforce rules, move swimmers into correct lanes based on swimming speeds, and to implement circle swimming.
- Designated lap lanes are for lap swimming only. Lap swimmers are asked to circle swim in the appropriate lane based on their ability.
Roosevelt Aquatic Center
The lap pool will be open from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. while group swim lessons are in session. The number of available lanes will be determined after swim lessons enrollment closes. Once determined, additional information will be provided. During Public Swim from 1-7 p.m., there will be at least 2 lanes dedicated to lap swimming or water walking. Designated Lap Swim hours will be offered from June 11- August 7 from 9 a.m.- 1 p.m. Group swim lessons will be offered at this time and may impact the number of lanes available. Once determined, additional information will be communicated.
Flick Aquatic Center
During Public Swim, there will be 2-3 lanes dedicated to lap swimming or water walking. Designated Lap Swim hours will be offered from June 11-August 7 from 6 a.m.-10 a.m. During this time, there will be up to 8 lanes available. From 9 a.m.- 9:55 a.m., there will be 4 lanes available due to scheduled group fitness classes. To swim during this time, you must have an Aquatic Membership or Park Center Health and Fitness Upgraded Membership.
- Public swim hours will be from 1-7 p.m. at Roosevelt pool from June 11-August 7. During this time, all amenities will be open. To ride the water slides, you must be at least 48 inches tall.
- Children under the age of nine must be supervised by an adult (16 years of age or older). The adult must be in a bathing suit, in the water, within an arm’s length of the child at all times.
- Baby carriers and baby buggies/strollers on wheels are allowed on the pool deck; however, children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Children who are not potty-trained must wear tightly-fitted rubber pants or swim diapers in the pool.
- All flotation devices used by parents must be “Coast Guard Approved”. Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: water wings, inner tubes, rafts, noodles, infant play-time inner tubes, flotation suits, or other non-Cost Guard approved devices.
- The Glenview Park District will have lifejackets available for non-swimmers to use at the pools on a first-come, first-serve basis, free of charge. Parents/Guardians are responsible for assuring that the lifejacket properly fits and is securely fastened.
- Swimming accessories such as beach balls, water pails, toys, and other such items will be allowed at the discretion of the manager in designated areas of the pool. Only soft spandex-based objects are permitted to be thrown (i.e. balls, frisbees, etc.)
- Prohibited items include: tennis balls, footballs, and other items with a firm exterior. Face masks and goggles containing glass lenses are not allowed in the facility.
- Kickboards, pull-buoys, fins, snorkels, and diving rings/sticks are meant for swim instruction and may only be utilized by lap swimmers or Glenview Park District staff. Even approved items may be removed from the water if attendance does not permit for safe conditions.
The Aquatic Supervisor or the Manger of Aquatics may close the aquatic centers for any swim session under the following conditions:
- Opening and closing of the facility is subject to prevailing weather conditions, including cold weather. The facility may close if the air temperature drops below 69 degrees. Exception: private rental groups will have the option to cancel or continue with their rental if a closure of this nature occurs.
- The facility may close if there are consistently less than 35 guests present after 1 p.m.
The Aquatic Supervisor or the Manager of Aquatics will close the aquatic centers for any swim session under the following conditions:
- Opening and closing of the facility is subject to prevailing weather conditions, including electrical storms, strong winds and heavy rains. If lighting and/or thunder is in the area and/or the Strike Guard system issues a warning, the pool deck will be cleared and will not reopen until an all clear siren is heard. If conditions force two consecutive 30-minute closures or an all clear does not sound for 90 minutes, the facility will be closed.
- The facility will close if any other situation arises that would jeopardize the public health or safety of patrons in attendance.
If the facility is closed for any reason prior to 3 p.m., the conditions will be reevaluated at 3 p.m. to determine whether the facility will reopen.
All closures will be communicated through the Rainout Line. Staff recommend downloading the mobile app (available in app store for both Apple and Android) to stay up to date on the status of the facility.
- Download the FREE “Rainout Line” app for iPhone or Android.
– Once you have downloaded the app., search for “Glenview Park District”- click the star to the right.
– On the next screen, click the stars next to the events/programs/facilities you want to be notified about.
- Check status here:
- Or, call the Glenview Park District Rainout Line at 847-724-3337 and enter the extension number for automated updates to any program listed below.
– Flick Extension 2
– Roosevelt Extension 3