Community Bark West
A Park Just for Our Four-Legged Friends!
Take your best friend to Community Bark West, Glenview’s special place for dogs and owners to exercise, socialize and have fun. Our park features two fenced areas, an all-dog park and a separate small dog park. Both areas are open to dog pass members only. Community Bark West features include:
- 6 acres, fenced for off-leash play
- Walking paths
- Fountains for dogs and people (when COVID guidelines allow)
- Shelter for shade and inclement weather
- Swipe card entry for security
- Easy access and free parking
- Waste disposal bags and receptacles
Purchasing a Dog Park Pass
Community Bark West dog park passes are on sale to residents and nonresidents. Passes are on sale on a first-come, first-served basis until the 1,000 dog maximum is reached. You may pick up a dog pass application at Park Center or download one from this website. A separate application is required for each dog. To download a Dog Park Registration packet, including the membership application, park rules, and a veterinarian verification form for proof of current vaccination, click here. Printed applications are available upon request at Park Center, 2400 Chestnut Ave.
All dog park users must pay an annual fee, meet Cook County vaccination, health screening and licensing requirements, and sign a liability waiver to obtain a dog park membership. Dog park memberships are non-transferrable. Each dog must have its own dog park membership collar tag to use the park. Dog park memberships are on sale year-round, valid on the date of purchase and for one year. When purchasing a new dog pass or renewing an existing one, proof must be provided that the dog has passed a stool sample test for internal parasites within the past 6 months. This is in addition to documentation from the vet showing that required vaccinations are current. View our Veterinarian Verification Form or call Park Center 847-724-5670 for a list of these required vaccinations.
A maximum of four dogs per family may be registered.
Residents who have not previously registered for Glenview Park District programs will be required to provide proof of residency. Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed applications may also be brought in-person to the registration desk at Park Center during regular business hours.
Annual Pass Fees
|Pass Type||Resident Fee||Nonresident Fee|
Additional swipe cards: $10 each
*Prices are subject to change
Dog tags and membership ID cards for registered dog park users will be mailed to applicants following review of application to assure that all requirements have been met. Anyone who already has a park district photo ID (fitness, Splash Landings, etc.) will not receive a new photo ID card. Their existing photo ID card will be activated for use in entering the dog park.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Users of this facility do so at their own risk. The Glenview Park District is not responsible for any injury or damage caused by any dog in the off-leash area.
- All patrons will abide by the Glenview Park District “Code of Conduct”. (See Glenview Park District Policies/Behavior)
- Dogs must be healthy, fully immunized, de-wormed and must display current Park District and ID tags on their collar.
- A handler age 16 or older must be present at all times and is solely responsible for the actions of their dog(s).
- In case of emergency (dog bite or unsafe behavior) immediately call 911 for assistance. All other issues please call 847-724-5670.
- Cooperation between dog owners is expected including keeping order and enforcing dog park rules and Park District Ordinances.
- Dog park will be monitored and inspected by Glenview Park District employees and the Glenview Police.
- Dogs must be leashed prior to entering and leaving the park. Owners must carry a leash for each dog at all times.
- Collars are to be worn at all times. No pincher or spiked collars.
- Keep your dogs in sight and never leave dogs in the park unattended.
- No aggressive dogs allowed. Dogs with a known history of, or who exhibit aggressive or dangerous behavior are prohibited. Immediately leash your dog and leave the park if aggressive behavior is observed.
- Maximum number of dogs per adult is two. Both dogs must remain in the same run area with their owner. Large dogs (26 lbs. and above) are not allowed in the small run area.
- Children under 12 are not allowed in the dog park. Children 12-15 years must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older.
- Please ask the owner’s permission before approaching their dog.
- Dogs in heat are not permitted in the park.
- Puppies under 6 months of age are not permitted in the park.
- Immediately clean up and dispose of feces left by your dog.
- Fill any holes your dog may dig.
- Excessive barking is prohibited. Dogs that are barking excessively must be removed.
- No food of any kind, including dog chews and/or rawhides, are allowed within the fenced area.
- No littering. Place all trash in receptacles.
- No bikes are allowed in the dog park.
- Climbing on or over the fence is not permitted.
- Keep your dog away from the gate while other dogs are entering and exiting the park.
- Current Cook County rabies tag must be worn on collar or harness at all times when away from your own property.
Glenview Park District staff has the authority to remove a dog owner from the park at any time. The Glenview Park District is not responsible for any damaged, lost or stolen property. Glenview Park District staff has the authority to close the site for maintenance, weather related problems, and special events without prior notice. Infraction of these rules may result in temporary or permanent loss of park privileges.
It is your responsibility to send updated vaccination information to: Glenview Park Center, Attn: Dog Vaccination Information, 2400 Chestnut Avenue, Glenview, IL 60026.
If you have purchased a Community Bark West dog park pass, your PCHF or Pool ID card will open the gate at Community Bark West. However, ID cards for anyone under 16 years of age will not work.
One ID Card and one lanyard per dog will be issued when your purchase your Community Bark West dog park pass. Additional or replacement ID cards are available for $10 each. While at Community Bark West, please wear your ID card around your neck as it must be visible at all times.
Each registered dog will be issued an identification tag which must be worn by the dog at all times when visiting the park.