give the tree a green goodbye
You don’t have to throw your real Christmas tree in the trash. The tree is biodegradable, which means it can be easily reused or recycled for mulch. Trees can be dropped off until January 31 at these designated collection points:
- Glenview Public Works, 2498 East Lake Avenue
- Johns Park. 2101 Central Road
- Flick Park, 3600 Glenview·Road
- Cunliff Park. 540 & Echo Lane
- Cole Park, 1031 Kenilworth Avenue
- Willow Park. 2600 Greenwood Avenue
- Gallery Park, 2001 Patriot Boulevard
Alternatively, residents in single family homes, duplexes and multifamily properties that have opted into the Village’s refuse and recycling program can put trees, wreaths and garlands out with the regular garbage during the month of January. Groot will collect them at no additional charge. All ornaments, lights and tinsel should be removed from trees. Do NOT cover the tree with a plastic disposal bag.
Multifamily dwellings that arc not part of the Village’s waste contract should refer to their management companies for the appropriate method of disposal.
And remember, holiday lights can also be recycled. Drop them off in the marked receptacle outside the Public Works Department through February 28.