check out our new playground equipment!
The next generation of play is here, and it will test your fitness, your agility and your speed. It’s for people of all ages and abilities. It’s MOVMNT® and it will move you more than you thought possible. MOVMNT is an electronic game that is powered by people. Users power up the game and dive into the numerous game options from single player to multi-player and individual achievement to team spirit. It’s a huge video game that disguises exercise as entertainment and fosters healthy competition and determination. With two versions, everyone can play and be challenged at their level.
- Offers the opportunity for socialization and cooperation within a child-directed setting – the entire game is even people-powered so the play experience is really theirs to define from beginning to end!
- Provides a variety of developmental benefits that help kids learn skills that transcend the playspace.
- Fosters intergenerational engagement when children and adults play together and helps kids get more time at the playground when parents or caregivers participate in play.
- Cognitive Skills: Problem Solving, Strategic Thinking, Creative Thinking, Cognitive Planning
- Sensory: Proprioception, Tactile, Visual
- Social/Emotional Skills: Cooperation, Imaginative Play, Social Skill Development, Turn-Taking
- Motor Skills: Eye-Hand Coordination, Motor Planning, Agility
July 15 • 12-2 p.m.
Unplug Illinois Day at The Grove
July 20 • 12-2 p.m.
July 26 • 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Bearfoot in the Park Concert at Jackman Park
Aug 1 • 6-8 p.m.
National Night Out at Gallery Park
Aug 18 • 5-8 p.m.
Evening on the Farm at Historic Wagner Farm
Aug 23 • 12-2 p.m.
Aug 31 • 4-6 p.m.
Community Bark West (Dog Park Members Only)