IMPORTANT UPDATE: 2014 Camp Location & Date Changes
Due to several construction projects and winter cancellation make-up days at Glenview area school districts, the following 2014 camps & clinics have location and/or date changes:
Camp Wilderness @ Willowbrook School, the first week (June 9 – 13) the camp will be located at Willow Park fieldhouse (located behind the school to the northeast). Starting June 16 & through the remainder of the summer the camp will be located back at Willowbrook School, 2500 Happy Hollow Rd.
Fit 4 Kids Extravaganza, the camp will begin one week later on June 16 & 17 and will end one week later on July 30 & 31. The camp will be located at Winkleman School Gym, 1919 Landwehr Rd.
Artist In Training, Park Center Art Studio, 2400 Chestnut Ave.
Glenview Children’s Theater Workshop, Apollo School Theater, 10100 Dee Rd.
G-Crew, Flick Park Fieldhouse, 3600 Glenview Rd.
We Got Game, Henking School Gym, 2941 Linneman St.
Young Adventurers, Crowley Park Fieldhouse, 749 Huber Ln.
Baseball Clinic, Community Park West, 1001 Zenith Dr.
Complete Baseball Player, Community Park West, 1001 Zenith Dr.
Extra Innings, Community Park West, 1001 Zenith Dr.
Launch Volleyball, Park Center – Main Gym, 2400 Chestnut Ave.
Mini Majors, Ladendorf Park, 2541 Harrison St.
Wildcat Cheermania, Park Center Dance Studio, 2400 Chestnut Ave.
Wildcat Cheer Minis, Park Center Dance Studio, 2400 Chestnut Ave.
GBS Basketball Camps, will begin on June 11 instead of June 9 and two make-up days will be added to the end of the clinics as follows:
- Grade School Boys, June 23 & 24
- Middle School Boys, June 20 & July 1
- Grade School & Middle School Girls, June 23 & 24
Join the Fun in Summer 2014!
Glenview Park District camps are the only place to be this summer! The fun activities, fantastic trips, artistic adventures, action-packed sports, team building games, nature exploration and swimming will foster friendships and memories your child will treasure for years to come. With over 80 choices to choose from, your child will have lots of fun deciding which of our camps to try. You will also love the NEW savings and convenience!
Watch this website (and your mailbox if you are a resident) on January 11 for full details on the awesome experiences that await your child.
What’s Hot this Summer?
- Reduced Early Bird prices for many camps if you register by April 1.
- Classic summer camps from Bunny Club to G Crew, and specialty camps from arts and technology to sports clinics.
- Special interest camps at Wagner Farm, The Grove, Glenview Tennis Club, Glenview Ice Center, Glenview Park Golf Club, and Glenview Prairie Club.
- Camps that offer flexible schedules and a choice of activities.
- Science & Engineering Camps at Glenbrook South High School let your child discover science as a fun, creative way to learn about the world.
- Many camps are extended to 8 weeks instead of 7 through August 1
- Early Bird deadline has been lengthened to April 1 (select camps only)
- Payment plan options for those who register by April 1 and pay the $75 deposit (select camps only)
- Family Outdoor Movie Night on July 24 just for Glenview Park District campers and their families
- New Camps:
We Got Game – an athletic camp at Westbrook Sports Fields for campers currently in grades 2-4
Young Adventures – a full day camp at Henking School for campers currently in grades K-1
Preschool Summer Explorers – meets 3 mornings/week for 8 weeks at Park Center for ages 4-5 by 6/1/14
Time Travelers Camp – a week-long historic adventure camp at Wagner Farm for campers currently in
Junior Paddle Camp – register your camper, age 8-13, by the week to learn & play this fast-paced sport at the new Glenview Prairie Club
- Swimming & Non-Swimming options for campers enrolled in Sun Troopers and Fun Quest. Non-swimmers will participate in alternate activities under supervision of their camp counselors
Early Bird Savings & Payment Plan Options
The Glenview Park District wants to help save you money and manage your payments for the following camps:
Sun Troopers (deposit $15 per week)
- Register for the camps listed above during the months of January, February & March and save 10%** with our Early Bird registration fee. Be sure to register and make payment by April 1 to take advantage of these special rates.
- As an added bonus, if you register by April 1 and pay the $75 deposit you are automatically enrolled (at no additional fee) for a monthly payment plan to help defray your costs! (For select camps that are a minimum of $200).
- Payments will be charged to your credit card on the first day of every month through June 1.
- The EARLIER you register, the LESS your payments will be each month, so it pays to register early!
** Regular fee is 10% higher than early bird fee or $75, whichever is LESS
Save even more at our Summer Camp Open House! Register in person and pay in full during our Summer Camp Open House at Park Center on March 15 from 9-11:30 am and receive a special discount on top of the Early Bird fee. (See below for Open House details.)
Extended Camp Day Options (with Transportation)
Need an early start to your morning or a later pick up time in the afternoon to suit your family’s needs? The Glenview Park District is pleased to offer extended before and after care options for the camps listed below. We will provide transportation with one convenient drop off/pick up location (Park Center) for campers enrolled in Before and After Care! Before and After Care is available for the following camps: Camp Funview, G-Crew, Camp Wilderness, We Got Game, Fun Quest, and Sun Troopers. Before Care only is available for Playtime Pals.
Bring campers to Park Center any time between 7 and 8:30 am to participate in arts & crafts or board games until camp begins. We encourage parents to pack a snack for children. After 8:30 am, campers will board a supervised bus to take them directly to their camp where they will be greeted by camp staff, signed in and supervised until camp officially begins. (Children enrolled in Camp Funview will be escorted directly to camp at 8:30 am.)
Campers will be supervised by camp staff until the bus arrives to take them to Park Center. A Park District staff member will sign children out of camp and supervise them on the ride to Park Center. Children will participate in arts & crafts, board games or gym games until they are picked up by an authorized adult by or before 6 pm. We encourage parents to pack a snack for children. NOTE: If a camp has a field trip that is scheduled for a late return, After Care will not be available for that camp on that day. (Children enrolled in Camp Funview will be escorted to After Care at 3:30 pm.)
Before & After Care Registration
Registering for this service is easy but you will want to register early as space is limited!
If registering online…
A box will appear asking if you want to register for Before Care and After Care. You will need to answer this question to complete your transaction. If you check “yes”, you will be automatically enrolled and the fee will be adjusted at checkout.
If registering in person, by fax or mail…
Check the box on the registration form indicating you want to enroll in Before or After Care and then fill in the fee for your option(s).
2014 Summer Camp Open House — NEW DATE
The Glenview Park District will hold a 2014 Summer Camp Open House on Saturday, March 15, 9-11:30 am in the Main Lobby of Park Center.
Our camp staff will be on hand to tell you about the wide variety of camps we offer and answer any questions you may have. You can also register to win a free camp registration or free outdoor pool pass.
2014 Summer Camps and Clinics
Early Childhood Camps (for ages 2-6) Learn more…
Flex Camps (for age 4-grade 4) Learn more…
Nature & History Camps (for age 4-grade 7) Learn more…
Arts & Technology Camps (for age 5-grade 7) Learn more…
GBS Science Camps (for grades K-7) Learn more…
Variety Camps (for grades K-7) Learn more…
Kidz Zone (for grades K-2) Learn more…
Glenview Sports Camps & Clinics (for grades K-high school) Learn more…
Tennis & Golf Camps (for ages 5-17) Learn more…